In order to restore your health, your own awareness is a major factor.
Take a look back at your daily life and improve things that may have a negative impact on your body first.
For example, smoking, binge drinking, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, and prolonged use of medication.
First of all, try to eat a well-balanced diet, get enough sleep, and exercise moderately, which are the most basic things in life.
Then, to protect the stability of the upper cervical spine after the adjustment, you should also pay attention to the following.
- Don’t tilt your head to the left or right and pop it. Don’t have someone do it for you.
- Be careful not to have your neck rubbed or slapped at beauty salons.
- Do not apply traction to the neck.
- Do not keep your neck cool with ice for a long periods of time, such as after sports or on hot days.
Do not keep your neck warmer with heat pad (disposable heating pack) for long periods of time, such as on cold days. (This is the attention mostly to Japanese, we seldom see this case for coming from another countries.)
- Do not twist or jiggle your spine or back.
- Do not sleep on your face.
- Do not use a high pillow.
- Refrain from smoking.
- Do not drink too much alcohol.
- Avoid the use of supporters, shoe insoles, corsets, health appliances, poultices, compresses, and hot warmer.
- Avoid using them in combination with various other therapies. If you are currently undergoing treatment such as acupuncture, massage, osteopathy, or general chiropractic care, you should first go there for a certain period of time and monitor your progress. It is not recommended to use upper cervical chiropractic in combination with others at the same time.
Upper Cervical Chiropractic is a natural remedy. It is nature’s way of healing.
Upper cervical chiropractic recommends no artificial treatments based on your medical knowledge or common sense.
Repetition of the above in your daily life will make it difficult for the upper cervical spine adjustments to hold the vertebrae correctly and will increase the number of adjustments.
To heal naturally means to use the body’s own intrinsic power to heal, rather than relying on people or things to stimulate the body from the outside.
Interference with nerve transmission by subluxation makes natural healing difficult. That is why Specific Chiropractors only adjust subluxation.
Medical external stimulation are not recommended by Upper Cervical Chiropractic in conjunction with various treatments unless there is a life-and-death emergency or your condition has become so severe that you are unable to even live your daily life.
This does not mean that other treatments are bad or wrong.
These are just due to the nature’s perspective of upper cervical chiropractic.
The above precautions are only the wishes of the provider of upper cervical chiropractic care. They are in no way coerced. If you agree with them, please cooperate with us.